My greatest fear these days is that I will be 'dumbing down' my children now that they are home with me full-time and not in school 5 days a week. I really try to work with each girl on something each day but that can be easier said than done. If they head into Kindergarten only knowing the strategy behind Big Brother and that Oprah reruns are on at 4pm, you know I have failed. Anywho, I started working with Ryan on her letters after I asked her to point out A, B and C and she kept saying 'A, B, O'. Off we went to get some flash cards, stickers and a file folder. When she correctly names the letter or finds one out of a pile, she gets a sticker to add to her sticker book. So far, so good. Only we work in spurts - she likes this game for 10-15 minutes at a time. But by golly, I will get all 26 letters down if it's the last thing I do. I don't care if she's twelve before she learns them, I will not fail.
Reese? We're working on astro physics with that one.
1 comment:
Seriously- A is for alien??? That's what they came up with?? What happened to good ole apple?
Post a Comment