Randomness today (or is that always?).....anyway, let's start with Reese. The potty training is INSANE. She got #1 down within days. It's #2 that we still struggle (three weeks later) and I was at my wits end until I started reading more online and realized that apparently it's a battle of wills right now and she is going to win. So I need to back off on the pressure and give it a rest for a few weeks. I switch it up between underwear and the dreaded pull-up. Regardless of what she is wearing she always goes #1 on the potty. Small victory. If I catch her in time, I can get her to the potty for #2 but let me tell you, it is a drama-filled ordeal. Lots of fighting and screaming. So I basically started ignoring it, acting like 'no big deal if you're freaking 2 1/2 and sh*ting your pants'. We actually kind of had some success with that. I think she thinks she won. Now when I nonchalantly suggest she sit down and go #2, half the time she listens and does. When she asks for me to just change her, I at least make her go into the bathroom and lay down and often she opts to sit on the potty instead and take care of business. I will seriously pay any of you to come in here and take care of this once and for all!!!! I am still very thankful that we are dry all night and at naps.
An homage to el potty:
This is the view from my 'office' most days:
Upon closer look....deep breaths. When I asked what the heck happened, Ryan spoke up for the both of them and said "but mommmmm, we neeeeeded stripes so we could be Tigers". Got it.
Also, the Reesers is big into dressing herself and isn't too happy when I have to inform her that she has made a fashion faux pas.
Moving along....we did take a mini-trip last weekend down to Table Rock Lake with our neighbors and their extended families.
I'm ashamed to say that I had never been down there before (and it was a relatively painless 3.5 hour drive) - such a pretty part of Missouri. The girls got one last swim trip in for the season.
And we've had lots of little colds around here so falling asleep on the couch has become the norm:
Thankfully we appear to be over all of that and back to assorted levels of craziness:
Hope you all have a good weekend - we're suppose to get sunny skies and 70 degree temps so I smell a little apple orchard trip in our future!
No comments:
Post a Comment