Friday, May 10, 2013

4 months!

We are one week overdue with the four month update for Emerson but all for good reason....her check-up was yesterday and what's a four month update without the four month stats?
Weight:  13 lb, 12 oz = 38th percentile
Height:  26" = 95th percentile
Head:  16.5" = 82nd percentile
Our long, lean string bean is still awesome.  Rolling, laughing, sleeping well.  Not a fan of being without mom for too long but oh well.   We've dabbled in a little crying-it-out (that may sound early to some of you but I did it with both Ryan and Reese and they became great sleepers) this past week to develop some solid naps and thankfully it has worked....I can lay her down, put on a 7 minute vacuum 'song' and most often she is out by the time it's over.  Better naps have then turned into better sleeping at night.  When she has napped well, she'll sleep from about 8:30pm - 6:15am.  Without solid napping, she likes to rise between 4:30am and 5:30am.
Food wise, our pediatrician says the baby gods have changed their way of thinking yet again and now I am to start her out on various cereals at four months (vs. the exclusive breast feeding for six months)....rice first, then oatmeal, barley, etc...before introducing some fruits.  And apparently fruits first vs. the often thought vegetables.  Funny how things have changed since we did this last with Reese.  And I'm sure it'll change again in a few years.  The thought (this time around) being that the sooner you introduce foods to them, the less likely they are to develop some food allergies.  Considering Ryan has the peanut allergy, I'm all for helping to keep Emerson allergy free.  Off to buy some rice cereal we go....Girlfriend can't even really sit up in a high chair (time to dust that puppy off I guess), but apparently she's going to start dining with us.

No comments: